This lovely smooth rich soup is a doddle to make and will definitely impress. It is excellent served as a starter or for lunch. The dried mushrooms give an intense flavour that friends and family will no doubt enjoy. The recipe can be easily doubled, just increase the cooking time in step 4 to 20 minutes.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM5 and TM31.
- Set a bowl on TM lid and weigh in dried mushrooms and hot water then set aside to soak for 20 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Place TM simmering basket over a bowl , pour soaked mushrooms with their liquid into basket to drain, then set soaking liquid aside. Chop soaked mushrooms, onion, garlic and butter 7 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of TM bowl with spatula then sauté 8 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add reserved soaking water, stock, sea salt and pepper then cook 15 min/100°C/speed 2. Meanwhile sauté fresh mushrooms in a frying pan over a medium heat with remaining 1 Tbsp butter and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add Greek yoghurt and single cream then blend 1 min/speed 9. Garnish with fried mushrooms and tiny dill sprigs, and drizzle with a few drops of truffle oil or olive oil.