Wild Mushroom Velvet Soup
This lovely smooth rich soup is a doddle to make and will definitely impress, and is excellent served as a starter. The dried mushrooms give a lovely intense flavour that friends and family will enjoy. The recipe can be easily doubled, just increase the cooking time in step 4 to 20 minutes.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM5 and TM31.
Active Time 10 Minutes
Total Time 50 Minutes
Serves 5 Starter
40 g dried mushrooms
200 g water, just boiled
120 g onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, peeled
75 g unsalted butter, plus 1 Tbsp
350 g chicken stock or vegetable stock
¾ tsp fine sea salt
several grinds black pepper
100 g Greek yoghurt, plus extra for garnish
100 g single cream or crème fraîche
200 g mixed fresh mushrooms, sliced
5 dill sprigs
Greek yogurt, cream or crème fraîche
Truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil to garnish
- Set a bowl on TM lid and weigh in dried mushrooms and hot water then set aside to soak for 20 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Place TM simmering basket over a bowl , pour soaked mushrooms with their liquid into basket to drain, then set soaking liquid aside. Chop soaked mushrooms, onion, garlic and butter 7 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of TM bowl with spatula then sauté 8 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add reserved soaking water, stock, sea salt and pepper then cook 15 min/100°C/speed 2. Meanwhile sauté fresh mushrooms in a frying pan over a medium heat with remaining 1 Tbsp butter and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add Greek yoghurt and single cream then blend 1 min/speed 9. Garnish with fried mushrooms and tiny dill sprigs, and drizzle with a few drops of truffle oil or olive oil.