My family and I think risottos are great fun as you can vary the ingredients every time you cook them. In this tasty risotto, stirring in soft buffalo mozzarella creates a lovely creamy contrast to the bold flavours and textures of the sundried and fresh tomatoes. And of course, my homemade chicken stock recipe adds a real depth of flavour as well as nourishment. Serves 5 as a main course or 8-10 as a starter.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM5 and TM31.
- Grate parmesan 10 sec/speed 10, transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop garlic, onion, olive oil and 40 g of the sundried tomatoes 7 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of TM bowl with spatula, then sauté 5 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Add wine followed by rice then cook 2 min/100°C/speed spoon/reverse.
- Add remaining 60 g sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper then cook 15 min/100°C/speed spoon/reverse.
- Set a small plate on TM lid and weigh basil onto it, then set a few of the smallest leaves aside for garnish. Tear basil on plate into small pieces and add to TM bowl with reserved grated parmesan and 80 g of the mozzarella. Serve immediately and garnish with remaining mozzarella and basil leaves.