Peri Peri Lemon Marinade
This special peri peri lemon marinade made in your Thermomix has great flavour and a citrusy burst with the unusual addition of lemon. It has a lovely hot kick; give it a try and you can increase or decrease the chillies to your desire. It can be used for marinating chicken or any other meat or vegetables of your choice. One of our favourites is to marinate organic chicken livers overnight, then add to pan fried onions and bacon and sauté until done. Makes enough to marinate a whole chicken; any left overs can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM5 and TM31
ACTIVE TIME 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 10 MINUTES
MAKES 1 JAR
- 10 fresh hot chillies, e.g. cayenne, birds eye, habanero, tops removed
- 5 cloves garlic
- 100 g olive oil
- 50 g red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 organic lemons, thin peelings of yellow skin without white pith, plus freshly squeezed juice approx. 60 g
- Chop chillies and garlic 5 sec/speed 8 then scrape down sides of TM bowl with spatula.
- Add oil, vinegar, honey, sea salt, paprika and oregano then heat 5 min/90°C/speed 1.
- Add lemon peelings and freshly squeezed juice then blend 1 min/speed 10. Use to marinate meat or vegetables of your choice 24-48 hours in fridge then cook on a BBQ for best flavour!
- For a vegetarian option marinate 3 cm cubes of vegetables, then either roast in the oven with coconut oil or BBQ on skewers.
- Add 2 Tbsp marinade to a homemade hummus for a burst of extra flavour.