Soft and delicious, these easy biscuits (cookies in Canada and USA) are fun to make and you might need to hide some to stop them all disappearing straight away! Using honey and a natural unrefined sugar adds some lovely caramelised flavours. Makes 25-30.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM5 and TM31.
- Place a large bowl on TM lid and weigh in dried fruit/coconut if using, then set bowl aside; grind 200 g of the almonds 10 sec/speed 8 and transfer to same large bowl.
- Roughly chop remaining 100 g almonds 3 sec/speed 5 and add to same large bowl. Wash and dry TM bowl and Butterfly whisk – they must be completely grease-free at this point (see tips).
- Insert Butterfly whisk, add honey, sugar, egg whites and sea salt then whisk 4 min/37°C/speed 3.
- Whisk 6 min/speed 3, transfer egg whites to large bowl with dry ingredients and fold together gently with a spatula until evenly mixed, then leave to rest 30 minutes; meanwhile, line a baking tray with silicone paper or a silicone mat and preheat oven to 180°C without fan/350°F/gas 4/Aga baking oven.
- Place heaped tablespoons of rested mixture on silicone mat and bake 12-15 minutes or until just golden, cool completely on baking tray then enjoy!