Soft and delicious, these easy biscuits are fun to make and you might need to hide some to stop them all disappearing straight away! Using honey and a natural unrefined sugar adds some lovely caramelised flavours. Makes 25-30.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM5 and TM31.
- Place a large bowl on TM lid and weigh in dried fruit/coconut if using, then set bowl aside; grind 200 g of the almonds 10 sec/speed 8 and transfer to same large bowl.
- Roughly chop remaining 100 g almonds 3 sec/speed 5 and add to same large bowl. Wash and dry TM bowl and Butterfly whisk – they must be completely grease-free at this point (see tips).
- Insert Butterfly whisk, add honey, sugar, egg whites and sea salt then whisk 4 min/37°C/speed 3.
- Whisk 6 min/speed 3, transfer egg whites to large bowl with dry ingredients and fold together gently with a spatula until evenly mixed, then leave to rest 30 minutes; meanwhile, line a baking tray with silicone paper or a silicone mat and preheat oven to 180°C without fan/350°F/gas 4/Aga baking oven.
- Place heaped tablespoons of rested mixture on silicone mat and bake 12-15 minutes or until just golden, cool completely on baking tray then enjoy!