Greg’s seafood risotto recipe has been a favourite in our family for many years, which won’t surprise you once you’ve tasted it! Created by my son Greg Turner who is an excellent cook, it first came into being back in the early days of our Thermomix business when he was affectionately known as the Risotto King. It is full of flavour and we loved having it several times last summer in Canada as we can easily access beautiful seafood there. Cooking it in your Thermomix means you’ll have more time to enjoy with your family and guests while TM does all the stirring for you.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM6 and TM5.
- Grate parmesan 15 sec/speed 10 and set aside.
- Chop garlic, onion and olive oil 7 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of TM bowl with spatula, then sauté 5 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Add wine followed by rice, then cook 2 min/100°C/speed spoon/reverse.
- Add stock, tomatoes, saffron, bay leaf, fennel seeds, chilli, sea salt and cook 14 min/100°C/speed spoon/reverse.
- Add monkfish and mixed seafood, stir gently with TM spatula so fish is under surface of risotto, then cook 2 min/100°C/speed spoon/reverse.
- Transfer to serving bowl and stir in reserved parmesan, butter and most of the chopped parsley, keeping a little parsley for the garnish. Check seasoning by tasting the risotto, add a little more sea salt if required and stir in. Serve each plate with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or lime juice over the top, then garnish with a wedge of lemon or lime and a sprinkle of parsley.