Fresh Tomato Salsa
Every time we serve this lively fresh tomato salsa, it disappears in a flash! Excellent for when friends come round and you need to produce a quick snack or appetiser. It only takes a few minutes to make in your Thermomix and can be served as a dip for tortilla chips with some sour cream on the side. It’s also a wonderful addition to sauces and stews for extra flavour.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM5 and TM31
ACTIVE TIME 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 5 MINUTES
MAKES 750g SALSA
- 1 fresh green chilli, top removed
- 120 g red onion, peeled, quartered
- 30 g spring onions, cut in 2 cm lengths
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 60 g tomato purée/concentrate
- 35 g freshly squeezed lime juice, from 1-2 limes
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Chop chilli 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add onion and spring onion, chop 5 sec/speed 4.5, then scrape down sides of TM bowl with spatula.
- Add tomatoes, tomato purée, lime juice, salt, pepper then chop 15 sec/speed 4.
- Stir in 100-150 g finely diced mango for a delicious fruity twist.