This very popular salad is outstanding when you make your own caesar salad dressing and it’s the perfect accompaniment to a summer barbecue. It can also be served as a main course with the addition of grilled chicken, salmon or prawns. Serves 6 as a main or 10 as a starter/side.
This recipe is suitable for Thermomix TM6, TM5 and TM31.
- Preheat oven to 180°C without fan/350°F/gas mark 4; meanwhile, place a small jug on TM lid and weigh in 120 g olive oil then set aside; grind parmesan 15 sec/speed 10 and set aside in fridge.
- Cut bread in 1-2 cm cubes, place cubes in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil then sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 15-20 minutes in preheated oven until crisp and golden then allow to cool completely.
- Rinse lettuce in cold water then place lettuce in a covered container and refrigerate to chill and become crisp; meanwhile, chop garlic 5 sec/speed 8 and continue making dressing.
- Add anchovies, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, egg yolks and Worcestershire sauce, then set TM to 1½ min/speed 4 and as soon as mixing starts, immediately begin very slowly and continuously pouring reserved olive oil onto TM lid so it drizzles around Measuring Cup into TM bowl to create your emulsified Caesar dressing.
- When ready to serve, place chilled lettuce in a large salad bowl, top with Caesar dressing and reserved grated parmesan then gently mix until lettuce is coated. Top with croutons and serve straight away.