All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other that which is stated in this policy and the Terms of Service.
Information We May Collect About You
We may collect and process the following information when you access the site:
- Information about you when you contact us using the Contact tab, or when you register with us, or when you subscribe to recipes, or when you purchase a product, including your name and title, your address, company details (if any), and contact information such as your telephone number and email address;
- Information about you when you respond to subscription emails;
- Information about you when responding to offers or surveys that we may ask you about and which we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them;
- Information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by the website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by us for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the website.
What We Do With Your Information
We may use information received about you in the following ways:
- To improve our products, services, and website, and ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and which we feel may interest you where you have asked or consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our products and services;
- For our own market research purposes (for example to invite you to provide us with feedback on our products and services);
- To administer our site and for internal operations including trouble-shooting, security purposes, data analysis, testing and statistical survey purposes;
- To combine it with other information we hold or receive about you, and use the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to any third parties except to our business partners that assist us in providing our products and services to you, or as required by law. We do not store credit card details and we rely entirely on our payment partners to provide secure payment services for our customers.
We will only use your payment card and account details in order to process your order and we will not disclose or share these details with third parties except as set out in this clause or as required by law.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province or country of residence.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to protect our rights and property, or our safety and that of our customers and third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Cook With Janie Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by them.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in, or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our business partners and other third party sites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, you will have left our site and you should note that we do not have any control over such websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites. Please check the applicable privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Keeping Your Data Secure
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We do not keep any records of your credit/debit card details within our organisation in any form, either written, electronically or in a database. Once you enter your details online, the transaction is processed via our payment processor and no details are recorded by us.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, use or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online. Our security technologies and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that they are up to date and effective.
Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
You must keep confidential any personal security codes and passwords that we may give you (or that you choose) for your access to certain areas of the website, and comply with any instructions that we may give you in order to keep such details confidential and safe. The processing of payment transactions by our payment partners is via secure payment pages and is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). You should ensure that any payment transactions you make are made in a secure environment.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage and the usage of our website by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the storage of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s storage. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
Your Rights and Control Of Your Information
You have the right to, at any time:
- Access the information we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to cover our costs;
- Ask for your information to be corrected or updated;
- Ask us to remove your information from our records;
- Tell us if you do not want us to use your information for our own direct marketing purposes. We expressly do not pass your personal data on to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Questions and Contact Information
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Cook With Janie Limited, with registered company number 08451612.
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, or simply want more information please contact us as follows:
Email : email@example.com
Online: please use the Contact tab on our website
Post: Cook With Janie Limited, Pinehill, Sunning Avenue, Sunningdale, SL5 9PW, UK