Walnut Bread, Hummous, Stilton & Walnut Pâté
It’s hard to believe that such a good loaf of bread with the lovely flavour and richness of walnuts can be this easy. Delicious with cheese. Thank you Thermomix!
500 g strong bread flour – on the DVD I used a mixture of white and brown
20 g fresh yeast or 1.5 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sea salt
50 g olive oil or walnut oil
250 g water
100 g walnuts weighed without shells
1. Add flour, yeast, salt, oil and water. Mix 20 seconds/Speed 3.
2. Add walnuts and knead 90 seconds/Dough Setting.
3. Tip out and shape. Rise once or twice as desired then bake 30 to 40 minutes at 200şC/400°F/gas 6/Aga Roasting Oven.
Stilton & Walnut Pâté
Super fast and incredibly easy, this tastes delicious. Serve with carrot and celery sticks, and with Walnut Bread of course! Many thanks to Zoe McAndry for contributing this recipe to “Fast and Easy Cooking”.
120 g stilton
30 to 60 g walnuts
30 to 60 g double cream (more will make a softer dip)
1. Mix 20 seconds/Speed 3.
Using sesame seeds instead of tahini gives this hummous a delicious nuttiness, and of course the freshly ground seeds provide excellent nutrition too.
150 g sesame seeds
250 g cooked chickpeas (=2 x 400 g tins, drained but save the liquid)
juice of 1 lemon
3 garlic cloves, peeled
30 g olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
˝ tsp salt
several grinds of pepper
paprika and chopped parsley to garnish
1. Grind sesame seeds 30 seconds/Speed 10.
2. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Blend 30 seconds/Speed 9 until smooth, adding some chickpea liquid if required. Taste, add more lemon juice and/or salt if desired.
Tip: for a Raw Hummous, use chickpeas that have been soaked and sprouted for 2 to 3 days (with several changes of water) instead of the cooked or tinned chickpeas. Use the sprouted chickpeas when the sprouts are ˝ cm long.